University of Wyoming Athletics
Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
The University of Wyoming Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to the development of tomorrow's leaders by creating an environment that promotes personal growth, academic and athletic excellence in a progressive, inclusive, and transparent manner. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will support the overall University of Wyoming mission, provide an outstanding fan experience, encourage community engagement, and serve as a source of pride for alumni, supporters, and the state of Wyoming.
- Dedication to Student-Athletes: We will promote the well-being of student-athletes and provide opportunities for academic, athletic, and personal success. We will foster academic excellence, graduate student-athletes, support their development as citizens, and prepare them to be leaders.
- Integrity: We will demonstrate integrity in all areas. We are dedicated to financial stability, rules compliance, diversity, and personal accountability.
- Respect: We will celebrate a climate of mutual respect, inclusiveness, loyalty, and sportsmanship by recognizing contributions to our teams, our department, and the university.
- Competitive Success: We will endeavor to be the very best when representing the University of Wyoming and our state. We are committed to providing the resources and personnel for our teams to achieve success.
- Tradition: The legacy of the University of Wyoming athletics is proud and strong. We will honor our outstanding tradition.
- Excellence: We believe in a spirit of comprehensive excellence. We will strive for excellence in all we do.