Jan. 25, 2012
Wyoming head football coach Dave Christensen and his coaching staff will announce the 2012 University of Wyoming football recruiting class in a 3 p.m. press conference on Wednesday, Feb. 1. The press conference will be hosted in the Wildcatter Stadium Club & Suites in War Memorial Stadium, and will be open to the public.
Wednesday, Feb. 1, is the first day football recruits are allowed to sign national letters of intent.
That evening the Wyoming women's basketball team will host TCU in a game beginning at 7 p.m.
The schedule of events for football signing day is as follows:
1. Football Signing Day Press Conference, 3 p.m., Mountain Time
a. Head Coach Dave Christensen will open with comments about the 2012 Wyoming Recruiting Class.
b. Video Highlights of the 2012 Recruiting Class - Each assistant coach will narrate the video highlights of his recruits.
c. The press conference will be streamed live on a pay-per-view subscription basis at WyomingAthletics.com through its WYO-Vision multimedia service.
2. Following the video highlight presentation, Coach Christensen and assistant coaches will be available for one-on-one interviews with media.
3. Coach Christensen Will be Available on a Conference Call for Media - 3:45 p.m., Mountain Time
a. This conference call is for media who were unable to attend the press conference.
b. Media wishing to connect to the conference call may contact Tim Harkins at the UW Athletic Media Relations Office at 307-766-2256.
4. The press release of Wyoming's 2012 recruiting class along with the video highlights of all of the recruits will be accessible on WyomingAthletics.com later on Wednesday afternoon.
There will be two other public events during the month of Feburary featuring Coach Christensen that will allow Cowboy fans an opportunity to talk about this year's recruiting class and the season ahead. Those other events are:
1. Laramie County Cowboy Joe Club Football Reception - Wednesday, Feb. 8, Jackson's All-American Sports Grill in Cheyenne, Wyo., 7 p.m., Open to the public
2. Natrona County Cowboy Joe Club Football Reception - Wednesday, Feb. 22, Three Crowns Golf Course, Casper, Wyo., 7 p.m., Open to the public