Sept. 22, 2011
LARAMIE, Wyo. - Saturday's Wyoming-Nebraska game has been the most anticipated event in Wyoming Football history. With a sellout crowd already announced, fans are encouraged to arrive early on Saturday to park and enjoy the day's festivities. Show your Wyoming spirit by wearing gold on Saturday.
Fans are also encouraged to enter War Memorial Stadium early to avoid lines at gates. Parking lots open at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24. Gates to War Memorial Stadium will open at 3:30 p.m. Saturday's game kicks off at 5:30 p.m.
Below are some highlights of important times and locations to consider regarding parking, shuttle bus services, tailgating, and Will Call pick up locations for pre-purchased tickets.
The game is a sellout. No tickets will be available for sale on Saturday.
UW students will need to show their Blue Nebraska Student Ticket and WyoOne ID for entrance into War Memorial Stadium.
Important Times for Saturday's Wyoming-Nebraska Game
- 8 a.m.: All Parking Lots Open (Both Permitted and Free Lots)
- 8 a.m.: Will Call Opens at both: Main Ticket Office in Arena-Auditorium and at Wildcatter East Side Ticket Office
- Noon: Alcohol Permissible-Open Container Permit Begins for Designated Parking Lots, including the Ford Stadium Lot, Summit View Lot, AA Lot, Brown Lot, Cowboy Field Lot, H Lot, IPF Lot and X Lot.
- 1:30 p.m.: South Fieldhouse Will Call Opens
- 2 p.m.: Pepsi Tailgate Park Opens and will remain open throughout the game. It will include a 9-foot x 12-foot Video Screen that will show the Wyoming-Nebraska game live
- 3:05 p.m.: Cowboy Walk, Fans are encouraged to cheer on the Cowboys as they walk from the Hilton Garden Inn, east of War Memorial Stadium, to the southeast corner of the Stadium on their way to the Cowboy locker room
- 3:30 p.m. All Gates Open to War Memorial Stadium
- 5:30 p.m. Kickoff of Wyoming vs. Nebraska
- Halftime Alcohol Permissible-Open Container Permit Period Ends
ADA Parking and Shuttle Bus Service (See Accompanying Parking Map)
ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act) parking is located in the AA Lot, Cowboy Field Lot, D Lot, S Lot, FA Lot and H Lot.
An International Blue ADA Accessible Permit is required to park in ADA parking areas. All ADA Accessible Parking is free and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
There is a shuttle bus service that will run from the Cowboy Field Lot designated specifically for ADA parking patrons and will drop fans off at Gate 8 on the northwest corner of War Memorial Stadium pregame. This shuttle will start two (2) hours prior to each home game. Postgame this ADA Shuttle will pick fans up at Gate 8 and return them to the Cowboy Field Lot.
Shuttle Bus Service for Fans
A shuttle-bus route open to all fans will pick up fans at the intersection of 22nd Street and Willett Drive (on the northwest corner of War Memorial Stadium), beginning three (3) hours prior to each home football game. It will also pick fans up at the Brown Lot (one block north of War Memorial Stadium) and drop all of those fans off at the southwest corner of War Memorial Stadium near Pepsi Tailgate Park. This shuttle will not run postgame.
All Shuttle Bus Services are provided free as a courtesy by UW Athletics. UW Athletics employs University of Wyoming TransPark (Transit and Parking Services) to provide the shuttle buses and drivers on gamedays.
There is a new Laramie bus service, the Gem City Grand, that runs from downtown and offers fans another option for transportation to the game. The closest drop of is at the UW Plaza, right across 22nd Street, from War Memorial Stadium. For more information go to: http://www.co.albany.wy.us/acta/
Improved Tailgating Options and Tailgating Guidelines
One of the primary reasons the new parking plan was put into effect this year was to offer fans more flexibility for pregame activities on gamedays. It will allow friends who wish to tailgate together the flexibility to park close to one another rather than in predetermined parking spots.
Fans are asked to follow a few simple guidelines when tailgating
1. If using a tent for tailgating don't drive stakes into the asphalt or landscaping areas.
2. Please be courteous to other fans by containing your tailgating activities to your parking spot and not impeding the flow of traffic in driving lanes.
3. Be aware of fire lanes in the Ford Stadium lot and keep all tailgaiting equipment and activities outside of the designated fire lanes.
4. All landscaping in the Ford Stadium Lot was recently completed, so please be careful not to damage the landscaping areas.
Permitted Parking Lots Remaining the Same
Other permitted parking lots in which the access will continue to require the same parking permits as in past years are the: AA Lot (east of the Arena-Auditorium); D Lot (south of War Memorial Fieldhouse); FA Lot (west of War Memorial Fieldhouse); H Lot (south of the American Heritage Center); IPF Lot (north of the Indoor Practice Facility); S Lot (west of the UW Law School); and X Lot (one block north of the Arena-Auditorium on 19th Street by the Animal Science Building).
Free parking for UW fans will be available within four blocks of War Memorial Stadium and the Arena-Auditorium. The free parking will be located at: the Aragon Lot, two blocks north of War Memorial Stadium on the east side of 22nd Street (north of the Aragon Softball Complex); the UW Annex Lot, two blocks south of War Memorial Stadium on 21st Street (formerly the Mountain West Farm Bureau Building); and the Long-Term Parking Lot, four blocks east of War Memorial Stadium (east of the Louis S. Madrid Sports Complex and on the west side of 30th Street).
Alcohol-Permissible, Open-Container Parking Lots (For home Football games only)
Alcohol-permissible, open-container parking lots will once again be available this season for tailgating prior to home football games only. The Ford Stadium Lot and Summit View Lot will both allow open containers for alcoholic beverages. The other designated open-container permissible lots are the AA Lot, Brown Lot, Cowboy Field Lot, H Lot, IPF Lot and X Lot.
For this week's game, open containers will be allowed from noon until halftime of the game.
Alcohol and open containers are not allowed in the free parking lots.
Pepsi Tailgate Park
Pepsi Tailgate Park will again be located on the southwest corner of War Memorial Stadium. Pepsi Tailgate Park will open at 2 p.m. this Saturday and will be open throughout the game. Alcohol will be served until the end of halftime.
Parking and Ticketing Information
Fans who have questions regarding parking or who want to purchase a parking permit may contact the Cowboy Joe Club at (307) 766-6242.
For more gameday information, call the UW Athletics Ticket Office from 8 a.m. to Kickoff at: 877-WYO-FAN1 (877-996-3261) or 307-766-4850.