STILLWATER, Okla. -
The Cowgirl tennis team (0-1 overall) opened up dual play with a tough task and were swept by the 12th ranked Oklahoma State Cowgirls (3-0 overall) on Tuesday night in Stillwater.
Oklahoma State got it going early by winning all three doubles matches to go up 1-0. The duo of Dorottya Jonas and Miranda Talbert fell to Katarina Adamovic and Vladica Babic, 6-1, while Viktoriya Lushkova and Carla Tur Mari clinched the point with a 6-2 win over Elisa Koonik and Tessa van Der Ploeg. The number one team of Magdalena Stencel and Nastya Tokareva lost to Maria Alvarez and Kelsey Laurente, 6-3.
The momentum carried over to singles as OSU took all six matches. Lushkova defeated Jonas, 6-0, 6-1, followed by Stresnakova over Talbert, 6-1, 6-0. Laurente earned a straight set win, 6-0, 6-0, over van Der Ploeg. At the sixth spot, Koonik lost to Tur Mari, 6-3, 6-3. The final two Cowgirls in action were Stencel and Tokareva. Tokareva fell 6-3, 6-2 against Babic while Adamovic disposed of Stencel, 6-3, 6-3.
The Cowgirls will return to action on Monday, January 18 with two matches. UW will face Central Oklahoma beginning at 1 p.m. MT followed by Oral Roberts with an 8:30 p.m. MT start.
#12 Oklahoma State 7, Wyoming 0
1. Alvarez/Laurente (OSU) vs. Stencel/Tokareva (WY), 4-3
2. Lushkova/Tur Mari (OSU) def. Koonik/van Der Ploeg (WY), 6-2
3. Adamovic/Babic (OSU) def. Jonas/Talbert (WY), 6-1
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1
1. Katarina Adamovic (OSU) def. Magdalena Stencel (WY), 6-3, 6-3
2. Vladica Babic (OSU) def. Nastya Tokareva (WY), 6-3, 6-2
3. Viktoriya Lushkova (OSU) def. Dorottya Jonas (WY), 6-0, 6-1
4. Kelsey Laurente (OSU) def. Tessa van Der Ploeg (WY), 6-0, 6-0
5. Stresnakova (OSU) def. Miranda Talbert (WY), 6-1, 6-0
6. Carla Tur Mari (OSU) def. Elisa Koonik (WY), 6-3, 6-3
Order of finish: 3, 5, 4, 6, 2, 1