Jan. 28', 2006
BOZEMAN, Mont. -
The University of Wyoming women's tennis team improved their record to 2-0 on the season after they defeated the Gonzaga Bulldogs 6-1 on Saturday afternoon in Bozeman, Mont.
Wyoming had a great day in doubles action as they went unbeaten at 3-0. The number one team of Patricia Chien and Karolina Rowinski defeated Courtney Law and Erin Humphrey 8-1. Wyoming's team of Andrea House and Amy Senko defeated Emily Anderson and Cari Schofield in a tough 8-5 match. Michelle Brown and Jamie Nelson cruised past Allie Hause and Erika Mauldenhauer 8-0 in the final doubles match of the day.
Cowgirl freshman Jamie Nelson improved her singles record to 2-0 as she defeated Cari Schofield 6-2, 6-1 at the number three spot. At the number two position Cowgirl Karolina Rowinski recorded her first singles win of the season as she beat Erin Humphrey 6-2, 6-2. Amy Senko was victorious over Erika Mauldenhauer (6-1, 6-1), as was Andrea House over Courtney Law 6-0, 6-2. The other singles victory for the Cowgirls came from Michelle Brown at the number six spot. Brown defeated Allie Hause 6-0, 6-1. The only loss that the Cowgirls suffered on the day was at number one singles. Patricia Chien lost a nail biter that came down to a ten point tie-breaker against Emily Anderson. Complete results are below.
"I am just thrilled at how we came out ready to play," said head coach Krissy Hall. "It is important that we stay focused so we can finish out this road trip on a high note."
The Cowgirls will wrap-up play tomorrow morning against Utah State at 8 a.m. in Bozeman, Mont. With a victory tomorrow morning the Cowgirls cam improve their season record to 3-0.
1. Emily Anderson (GU) d. Patricia Chien 5-7, 6-4, 11-9
2. Karolina Rowinski (WY) d. Erin Humphrey 6-2, 6-2
3. Jamie Nelson (WY) d. Carrie Schofield 6-2, 6-1
4. Andrea House (WY) d. Courtney lau 6-0, 6-2
5. Amy Senko (WY) d. Erica Moldenhauer 6-1, 6-1
6. Michelle Brown (WY) d. Allie Hause 6-0, 6-1
1. Chien/Rowinski (WY) d. Humphrey/Kau 8-1
2. House/Senko (WY) d. Anderson/Schofield 8-5
3. Brown/Nelson (WY) d. Moldenhauer/Hause 8-0