Feb. 3, 2008
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -
The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team (1-2 overall) continued their weekend play and recorded a 7-0 loss against the 45th ranked Denver Pioneers on Saturday night in Colorado Springs.
In doubles play, the Pioneers swept the doubles matches to earn the point. The number one UW team of Rebecca Berger and Corina Lazar fell to Mallory Voelker and Julia Bauregger, 8-0. Bhavani Tirumurti and Ute Schnoy defeated Wyoming's Carly Van Hollen and Michelle Brown, 8-3, while the number three Cowgirl team of Jamie Nelson and Brittany DeFelice lost to Annette Aksdal and Kaja Smole, 8-1.
Denver also took control in the singles matches by winning all six. Berger was defeated by Voelker, 6-2, 6-2, while Lazar lost in straight sets, 6-1, 6-2 against Schnoy. Brown fell to Baruegger, 6-1, 6-3, as did Van Hollen, 6-0, 6-0, against Aksdal. At the number five spot, Nelson lost to Tirumurti, 6-0, 6-3, while Smole closed things out with a 6-1, 6-1 win over Carolina Chaix.
Wyoming will close out the weekend against the Air Force Academy, on Sunday, February 3, at 3:00 p.m.
#45 Denver 7 Wyoming 0
1. Mallory Voelker (DEN) def. Rebecca Berger (WY), 6-2, 6-2
2. Ute Schnoy (DEN) def. Corina Lazar (WY), 6-1, 6-2
3. Annette Aksdal (DEN) def. Carly Van Hollen (WY), 6-0, 6-0
4. Julia Bauregger (DEN) def. Michelle Brown (WY), 6-1, 6-3
5. Bhavani Tirumurti (DEN) def. Jamie Nelson (WY), 6-0, 6-3
6. Kaja Smole (DEN) def. Carolina Chaix (WY), 6-1, 6-1
1. Mallory Voelker/Julia Bauregger (DEN) def. Rebecca Berger/Corina Lazar (WYO), 8-0
2. Bhavani Tirumurti/Ute Schnoy (DEN) def. Carly Van Hollen/Michelle Brown (WYO), 8-3
3. Annette Aksdal/Kaja Smole (DEN) def. Brittany DeFelice/Sarah Summerfield (WYO), 8-1