Feb. 12, 2006
BOISE, Idaho -
The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team closed out their weekend with a disappointing 6-1 loss against the Boise State Broncos, on Sunday afternoon, in Boise, Idaho.
"I'm very proud of the effort the ladies showed in both singles and doubles play," said head coach Krissy Hall. "A few points here or there and we could have had a different outcome. Overall, I was very pleased with our play over the entire weekend."
In doubles play, the Broncos took all three matches to win the point. Wyoming's number one team of Patricia Chien and Karolina Rowinski had a tough match as they fell to Megan Biorkman and Hadley MacFarlane, 8-3, while UW's Andrea House and Amy Senko lost 8-2 to Alanah Carroll and Tatiana Ganzha. Boise State wrapped it up with the team of Coll and Mackova defeating Michelle Brown and Jamie Nelson, 8-1.
The Broncos would win five out of the six singles matches. The only Cowgirl to win a match would be Karolina Rowinski as she defeated Hadley MacFarlane, 6-4, 6-3. Sophomore Amy Senko had a tough three set match (3-6, 7-6 (7-2), 10-3, against Jana Mackova as did Andrea House as she lost, 4-6, 6-4, 10-3, to Alanah Carroll. At the number one position, Megan Biokman defeated Patricia Chien, 6-1, 6-4, while Jamie Nelson and Michelle Brown both fell against their opponents.
Wyoming will resume play on Friday, Feb. 24, as they take on the New Mexico State Aggies in Las Cruces, N.M. They will also play UTEP and Arkansas State over the weekend.
Boise State 6 Wyoming 1
1. Megan Biorkman (BSU) def. Patricia Chien (WY), 6-1, 6-4
2. Karolina Rowinski (WY) def. Hadley MacFarlane (BSU), 6-4, 6-3
3. Tatiana Ganzha (BSU) def. Jamie Nelson (WY), 6-3, 6-2
4. Alanah Carroll (BSU) def. Andrea House (WY), 4-6, 6-4, 10-3
5. Jana Mackova (BSU) def. Amy Senko (WY), 3-6, 7-6 (7-2), 10-3
6. Laura Baum (BSU) def. Michelle Brown (WY), 6-1, 6-1
1. MacFarlane/Biorkman (BSU) def. Chien/Rowinski, (WY), 8-3
2.Ganzha/Carroll (BSU) def. House/Senko (WY), 8-2
3. Mackova/Coll (BSU) def. Brown/Nelson (WY), 8-1