Feb. 14, 2009
BOZEMAN, Mont. -
The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team suffered another tough loss, 5-2, against the Idaho Vandals, on Saturday morning in Bozeman, Mont.
"We started off well in the doubles but really struggled making shots," said UW head coach Kati Gyulai. "We have to clean up our mistakes and be ready to play tomorrow."
In doubles play, Idaho took both matches played to earn the doubles point. UW's Sarah Summerfield and Carly Van Hollen started the day with a close match against Maria Perevoshchikova and Daniela Cohen, losing 8-5. In the number two spot, Cowgirls Rebecca Berger and Jamie Nelson lost to Yvette Ly and Alexandra Ulesanu, 8-4.
To start singles play, Summerfield fell to Perevoshchikova in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2. Berger came out with a win against Cohen, 6-3, 6-2. In the number three spot, Van Hollen defeated Silvia Irimescu, 6-0, 6-0. Nelson had a tough match against Maciocha, losing 6-1, 6-3. To wrap up singles play, Carolina Chaix lost to Basia Ulesanu, 6-2, 6-1.
The Cowgirls will close out their weekend tomorrow against the Montana State Lady Bobcats. The match is set to begin at 9:00 a.m.
Idaho 5 Wyoming 2
1. Perevoshchikova/Cohen (UI) d. Summerfield/Van Hollen, 8-5
2. Ly/Vlesanu (UI) d. Nelson/Berger 8-4
3. Maciocha/Siwa (UI) won by default
1. Maria Perevoshchikova (UI) d. Sarah Summerfield, 6-4, 6-2
2. Rebecca Berger (WY) d. Daniela Cohen, 6-4, 6-2
3. Carly Van Hollen (WY) d. Silvia Irimescu, 6-0, 6-0
4. Basia Maciocha (UI) d. Jaime Nelson, 6-1, 6-3
5. Alexandra Vlesanu (UI) d. Carolinn Chaix, 6-2, 6-1
6. Yvette Ly (UI) won by default