March 2, 2008
LARAMIE, Wyo. -
The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team earned their seventh victory (7-4) of the season with a 6-0 win against the Gonzaga Bulldogs, on Sunday morning, in Laramie.
The teams started the match with singles play and the Cowgirls won all six match-ups. The scheduled doubles matches were not competed since the team win had already been decided.
Cowgirl senior Corina Lazar earned a two set win, 6-4, 7-6 (7) win at the number one spot over Emily Anderson, while UW freshman Rebecca Berger defeated Aglaya Kokurina, 6-3, 6-3. Wyoming's Carly Van Hollen also had a nice win in two sets, 6-0, 6-4, over Claire Dodge. At the number four position, Cowgirl Michelle Brown earned a 6-3, 7-6 (6) win against Rika Mehndiratta, as did UW's Sarah Summerfield against Kristen MacWilliams, 6-0, 7-5. Wyoming freshman Brittany DeFelice closed things out with a 7-5, 6-1 victory, over Danielle Farmer.
Wyoming will resume play on Sunday, March 15, as they host the Northern Colorado Bears. The match time is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. at the UW Tennis Courts.
Wyoming 6 Gonzaga 0
1. Corina Lazar (WY) defeated Emily Anderson (GU), 6-4, 7-6(7)
2. Rebecca Berger (WY) defeated Aglaya Kokurina (GU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Carly Van Hollen (WY) defeated Claire Dodge (GU), 6-0, 6-4
4. Michelle Brown (WY) defeated Rika Mehndiratta (GU), 6-3, 7-6 (6)
5. Sarah Summerfield (WY) defeated Kristen MacWilliams (GU), 6-0, 7-5
6. Brittany DeFelice (WY) defeated Danielle Farmer (GU), 7-5, 6-1