March 5, 2004
Bozeman, Montana - The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team started off the weekend with a 5-2 victory over the Weber State Wildcats on Friday morning in Bozeman, Montana. With the win, the Cowgirls move to 5-3 on the spring season while the Wildcats dropped to 3-5 overall.
Wyoming took the doubles point as the Cowgirls won two of three matches. The No. 1 team of Jennifer Hancock and Yuliani Santi defeated Chelsee Drews and Brianna Beauchene, 9-8 (6), while at the No. 3 spot the team of Patricia Chien and Andrea House defeated Karla Pretorius and Kate Ennenga, 8-2. Unfortunately, Karolina Rowinski and Amy Senko fell short in their match against Robertina Marcu and Alexandra Ilie, 8-1.
Singles play was also dominated by Wyoming led by sophomore Patricia Chien in the No. 1 spot with her three set victory, 2-6, 6-3, 3-0 (retired), over Robertina Marcu. Jennifer Hancock was victorious in her match against Brianna Beauchene, 6-3, 6-0, at the No. 3 slot, while Karolina Rowinski battled Chelsee Drews to come away with a three set win, 6-0, 4-6, 6-0. The Cowgirls closed out singles play with freshman Amy Senko defeating Kate Ennenga, 4-6, 6-0, 10-8. Two Cowgirls fell short in their singles matches. Yuliani Santi fell to Alexandra Ilie, 6-3, 7-6 (3) and Andrea House fell to Karla Pretorius in three sets, 6-2, 2-6, 10-8
The Cowgirls will close out the weekend with a match against the Montana State Bobcats on Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m.
Wyoming 5 Weber State 2
1. Patricia Chien (UW) def. Robertina Marcu (WSU), 2-6, 6-3, 3-0 retired
2. Alexandra Ilie (WSU) def. Yuliani Santi (UW), 6-3, 7-6 (3)
3 Jennifer Hancock (UW) def. Brianna Beauchene (WSU), 6-3, 6-0
4. Karolina Rowinski (UW) def. Chelsee Drews (WSU), 6-0, 4-6, 6-0
5. Amy Senko (UW) def. Kate Ennenga (WSU), 4-6, 6-0, 10-8
6. Karla Pretorius (WSU) def. Andrea House (UW), 6-2, 2-6, 10-8
1. Santi/Hancock (UW) def. Drews/Beauchene (WSU), 9-8 (6)
2. Marcu/Ilie (WSU) def. Rowinski/Senko (UW), 8-1
3. Chien/House (UW) def. Pretorius/Ennenga (WSU), 8-2