March 6, 2004
Bozeman, Montana - The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team wrapped up the weekend with a 7-0 victory over the Montana State Bobcats on Saturday morning in Bozeman, Montana. With the win, the Cowgirls move to 6-3 on the spring season while the Bobcats dropped to 1-8 overall.
Wyoming took the doubles point as the Cowgirls won two of three matches. The No. 1 team of Jennifer Hancock and Yuliani Santi won their second match in as many days by defeating Laurel Brown and Katy Clark, 8-6, while at the No. 2 spot the team of Patricia Chien and Andrea House defeated Vera Vasileva and Ivette Duran, 8-6. Unfortunately, Gwen Moser and Megan Williams fell short in their match against Anna Hockett and Remy Clark, 8-4.
Singles play was also dominated by Wyoming led by sophomore Patricia Chien in the No. 1 spot with her two set victory, 7-5, 7-6, over Vera Vasileva. Yuliani Santi also won in straight sets, 6-1, 6-2, against Laurel Brown, while Jennifer Hancock was victorious in her match against Katy Clarke, 6-1, 6-1, at the No. 3 slot. Karolina Rowinski earned a 6-2, 6-2 win over Remy Clark as did Amy Senko against Anna Hockett, 6-1, 6-4, at the No. 5 position. The Cowgirls closed out singles play with freshman Andrea House beating Abby Barham, 6-1, 6-0.
The Cowgirls will continue play on the road next with several matches in Daytona Beach, Florida beginning Sunday, March 14 against Dayton.
Wyoming 7, Montana State 0
1. Patricia Chien (UW) def. Vera Vasileva (MSU), 7-5, 7-6
2. Yuliani Santi (UW) def. Laurel Brown (MSU), 6-1, 6-2
3. Jennifer Hancock (UW) def. Katy Clarke (MSU, 6-1, 6-1
4. Karolina Rowinski (UW) def. Remy Clark (MSU), 6-2, 6-2
5. Amy Senko (UW) def. Anna Hockett (MSU), 6-1, 6-4
6. Andrea House (UW) def. Abby Barham (MSU), 6-1, 6-0
1. Santi/Hancock (UW) def. Brown/Clarke (MSU), 8-6
2. Chien/House (UW) def. Vasileva/Ivette Duran (MSU), 8-6
3. Hockett/Clark (MSU) def. Moser/Williams (UW), 8-4