April 1, 2006
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -
The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team fell just one match short as they lost 4-3 to the Colorado State Rams, on Saturday afternoon, in Ft. Collins. Wyoming falls to 7-10 overall and 0-4 in the MWC.
"We are continuing to learn from each match," said head coach Krissy Hall. "We hope to carry these things in to our next match, which is at home on Tuesday afternoon."
In doubles play, the Rams earned the point by taking all three matches. The number one team of Andrea House and Karolina Rowinski fell to Anne Andersen and Emily Kirchem, 8-0, while Corina Lazar and Amy Senko lost 8-5 to Carla Pallares and Lauren Strasburger. CSU wrapped it up with the team of Jessica Jones and Jasmin Singh defeating Patricia Chien and Michelle Brown, 8-5.
The Cowgirls battled back in singles play as they won at the number four, five and six spots, but fell just shy with the other three matches. House defeated Pallares, 6-4, 6-1, as did Lazar over Jones, 6-4, 7-6 (7). The other Cowgirl to win her match was Senko against Sarah Seltsam, 6-3, 6-3. Rowinski fell in two sets, 6-1, 6-1, to Kirchem. Chien had a tough two set match, 6-1, 7-5, against Andersen. Strasburger would wrap up the match with a 6-1, 6-4 win over Nelson at the number three position.
Wyoming will resume play on Tuesday, April 4, as they host the Northern Colorado Bears beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Colorado State 4, Wyoming 3
1. Emily Kirchem (CSU) def. Karolina Rowinski (WYO) 6-1, 6-1
2. Anne Andersen (CSU) def. Patricia Chien (WYO) 6-1, 7-5
3. Lauren Strasburger (CSU) def. Jamie Nelson (WYO) 6-1, 6-4
4. Andrea House (WYO) def. Carla Pallares (CSU) 6-4, 6-1
5. Corina Lazar (WYO) def. Jessica Jones (CSU) 6-4, 7-6 (7)
6. Amy Senko (WYO) def. Sarah Seltsam (CSU) 6-3, 6-3
1. Andersen /Kirchem (CSU) def. House/Rowinski (WYO) 8-0
2. Pallares/Strasburger (CSU) def. Lazer/Senko (WYO) 8-5
3. Jones/Singh (CSU) def. Chien/Michelle Brown (WYO) 8-5