April 10, 2004
SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- The Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team ended their weekend in California with a 6-1 loss to the 69th ranked San Diego State Aztecs, on Saturday morning, in San Diego, Calif. The Cowgirls are now 9-9 overall and 0-5 in the MWC while the Aztecs improve to 7-12 overall and 3-2 in conference play.
San Diego State started off the match strong in doubles play by taking two of three matches. The only team to come away with a win was Jennifer Hancock and Andrea House with an 8-0 victory over Julie Litrich and Sarah Sansom. The number one team of Yuliani Santi and Amy Senko fell 8-4 to Dita Hauerlandova and Alesya Vidov, while Patricia Chien and Karolina Rowinski lost a heartbreaking 9-8 match to Katalina Romero and Patricia Graf.
San Diego State also dominated in singles play by taking five of six matches. The only Cowgirl to come away with a win was freshman Andrea House. At the No. 6 spot, House earned a two set, 6-1, 6-4, win over Julie Litrich. Patricia Chien lost in straight sets, 6-3, 6-1, against Dita Hauerlandova as did Yuliani Santi, 6-3, 6-1, to Katalina Romero. At the No. 3 spot, San Diego State's Aleysa Vidov defeated Jennifer Hancock in a two set match, 6-0, 6-2, while Patricia Graf earned a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Karolina Rowinski at the No. 4 position. The Aztecs closed out the match with Sarah Sansom defeating Amy Senko, 6-4, 6-4.
The Cowgirls will resume MWC play on Saturday, April 17, as they will host the Utah Utes.
No. 69 San Diego State 6, Wyoming 1
1. Dita Hauerlandova (SDSU) def. Patricia Chien (UW), 6-3, 6-1
2. Katalina Romero (SDSU) def. Yuliani Santi (UW), 6-3, 6-1
3. Alesya Vidov (SDSU) def. Jennifer Hancock (UW), 6-0, 6-2
4. Patricia Graf (SDSU) def. Karolina Rowinski (UW), 6-2, 6-0
5. Sarah Sansom (SDSU) def. Amy Senko (UW), 6-4, 6-4
6. Andrea House (UW) def. Julie Litrich (SDSU), 6-1, 6-4
Doubles -- (San Diego State wins point)
1. Dita Hauerlandova/Alesya Vidov (SDSU) def. Yuliani Santi/Amy Senko (UW), 8-4
2. Katalina Romero/Patricia Graf (SDSU) def. Patricia Chien/Karolina Rowinski (UW), 9-8
3. Jennifer Hancock/Andrea House (UW) def. Julie Litrich/Sarah Sansom (SDSU), 8-0