April 12, 2007
DENVER, Colo. -
In a non-conference match up, the Wyoming Cowgirl tennis team fell to 6-12 overall with a 7-0 loss against the Denver Pioneers, on Thursday afternoon, in Denver.
Denver started off well as they took all three matches in doubles play. The Wyoming team of Michelle Brown and Corina Lazar lost a tough one, 8-7 (4), against Julia Bauregger and Rachel Sackmaster. Cowgirls Andrea House and Karolina Rowinski lost to Annette Aksdal and Ute Schnoy, 8-4, while UW's Jamie Nelson and Sarah Summerfield lost to Marisa Mechem and Lorinda Boothman, 8-6.
In singles play, the Pionners won all six singles matches. Summerfield won the first set, 5-7, over Aksdal, but then fell 6-4, 6-3. Schnoy defeated Rowinski, 6-3, 7-5, while Lazar fell in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2, to Bauregger. Brown lost to Kyla Iwinski, 6-4, 6-1, while House came up short, 6-2, 6-3, against Sackmaster. At the number six position, Nelson was defeated by Kaja Smole, 6-0, 6-4.
Denver 7 Wyoming 0
1. Annette Aksdal (DU) def. Sarah Summerfield (WY), 5-7 6-4 6-3
2. Ute Schnoy (DU) def. Karolina Rowinski (WY), 6-3 7-5
3. Julia Bauregger (DU) def. Corina Lazar (WY), 6-4 6-2
4. Kyla Iwinski (DU) def. Michelle Brown (WY), 6-4 6-1
5. Rachel Sackamster (DU) def. Andrea House (WY), 6-2 6-3
6. Kaja Smole (DU) def. Jamie Nelson (WY), 6-0 6-4
1. Aksdal/Schnoy (DU) def. House/Rowinski (WY), 8-4
2. Bauregger/Sackmaster (DU) def. Brown/Lazar (WY), 8-7 (4)
3. Mechem/Boothman (DU) def. Nelson/Summerfield (WY), 8-6