April 26, 2007
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -
The seventh seeded Cowgirl tennis team had their season ended in the opening round of the Mountain West Conference Championships with a 4-0 loss against the second seeded TCU Horned Frogs, on Thursday morning, in Colorado Springs.
"TCU is a very talented team and I think they can go far in this tournament," said UW head coach Krissy Hall. "Unfortunately, we just couldn't get things going today, but overall I think we made great strides over the season."
TCU won the first team point of the day as they won all three matches in doubles play. The team of Anna Sydorska and Nina Munch-Soegaard defeated UW's Andrea House and Karolina Rowinski, 8-4. Cowgirls Michelle Brown and Corina Lazar lost to Kewa Nichols and Ana Cetnik, 8-1, at the number two spot while Wyoming's Carolina Chaix and Jamie Nelson lost to Andrea Morgado and Karine Ionesco, 8-5.
The Frogs continued their success in the singles portion of the match, picking up wins at the number one, three and six spots. At the number one position, Rowinski fell against Munch-Soegaard, 6-0, 6-0. Cetnik defeated Brown, 6-1, 6-1, while Morgado picked up a two set win 6-3, 6-1 against Nelson to wrap up the match.
Wyoming ended the season with an overall record of 6-15 and 2-6 in the Mountain West Conference.
(#2 seed) TCU 4, (#7 seed) Wyoming 0
1. Nina Munch-Soegaard (TCU) def. Karolina Rowinski (WY), 6-0, 6-0
2. Anna Sydorska (TCU) vs. Corina Lazar (WY), 2-6, 3-0 (DNF) (Lazar was up in the match)
3. Ana Cetnik (TCU) def. Michelle Brown (WY), 6-1, 6-1
4. Kewa Nichols (TCU) vs. Andrea House (WY), 6-4, 2-1 (DNF) (Nichols was up in the match)
5. Andrea Morgado (TCU) def. Jamie Nelson (WY), 6-3, 6-1
6. Karine Ionesco (TCU) vs. Carolina Chaix (WY), 6-2, 4-1 DNF (Ionesco was up in the match)
1. Sydorska/Munch-Soegaard (TCU) def. House/Rowinski (WY), 8-4
2. Centnik/Nichols (TCU) def. Brown/Lazar (WY), 8-1
3. Morgado/Ionesco (TCU) def. Chaix/Nelson (WY), 8-5