July 14, 2004
LARAMIE, Wyo. -
Recap - Scott qualifies for the Olympic Team in the 200 meter breaststroke!
Recap - Scott misses Olympic spot in the 100 meter breaststroke by only 0.29 seconds!
Scott Usher Career Notes
* Earned a trip to the 2004 Olympic Games after placing second in the 200 meter breaststroke (2:10.90) at the US Olympic Team Trials July 11, 2004. He became the first ever Wyoming Swimmer to earn a spot on the Olympic Team.
* Placed third in the 100 meter breaststroke (1:01.16) at the US Olympic Team Trials on July 8, 2004.
* Placed fifth in the 100 meter breaststroke (1:03.87) and 10th in the 200 meter breaststroke (2:18.03) at the 2004 Janet Evans Invitational in Long Beach, Calif. June 11-12.
* Placed second in the 100 meter breaststroke (1:03.44) and fifth in the 200 meter breaststroke (2:18.63) at the 2004 Swimming Grand Prix on the Texas A&M Campus May 22-23.
* A two-time All-American after placing third in the 100 meter-breaststroke (59.01) and second in the 200 meter breaststroke (2:07.66) at the 2004 NCAA Championships.
* Won both the 100 breaststroke (53.79) and 200 breaststrokes (1:56.59) at the 2004 Mountain West Conference Championships. The 100 time is a new school and MWC record. The 200 time is a new MWC Championships record but he swam it faster at last years NCAA Championships.
* Selected as the 2004 MWC Men's Swimmer of the Year.
* Set a new Corbett Pool record this year in the 100 breaststroke (55.45).
* Placed second in the 100 (1:01.85) and 200 meter breaststroke (1:01.85) events at the 2003 US Open in Seattle, Wash.
* Placed sixth in the 200 breaststroke at the 2003 NCAA Championships with a time of 1:57.05. That day he swam a preliminary time of 1:56.60 which is a MWC and Wyoming record. He was selected as an All-American for his finish. He also placed 15th in the 100 breaststroke in a time of 54.75.
* Won both the 100 and 200 breaststrokes at the 2003 MWC Championships.
* Placed second in the 100 meter breaststroke at the 2003 USA National Swimming Championships with a time of 1:01.93. He also finished third in the 200 meter breaststroke at that meet (2:14.17).
* As a freshman, Usher won the 200 breaststroke and placed fifth in the 100 breaststroke at the 2002 MWC Championships.
* Named the MWC Swimmer of the Week three times in his career.
* Born April 27, 1983 in Fullerton, Neb.
* Son of Tom and Pam Usher
* Graduated from Grand Island HS in 2001
* Majoring in Criminal Justice